The Hecker Law Group has a leading edge practice in copyright protection, enforcement and litigation.
Some of The firm's copyright practice areas:
- Copyright registration;
- Copyright protection and enforcement strategies;
- Copyright infringement litigation;
- Copyright policing and clearance counseling;
- Emerging issues in copyright law and computer law including The Digital Millenium Copyright Act;
- Digital Rights Management issues;
- Copyright litigation on behalf of both plaintiff's and defendants;
- Copyright counseling and strategy;
- Copyright "cleanroom" counseling and design;
- Copyright licensing and copyright agreements;
- Work for hire and employee agreements.
Technology Related Copyrights
Mr. Hecker has been involved in obtaining and enforcing copyrights for software and graphical user interfaces since copyright protection for software was first established. He was instrumental in facilitating the first criminal convictions for piracy of copyrighted computer programs. He was lead co-counsel on behalf of Apple in the first legal actions brought before the United States International Trade Commission involving counterfeit personal computers and their copyrighted operating system software. He participated in establishing legal precedent that helped lead the way to others successfully enforcing their software copyrights in anti-piracy matters.
Mr. Hecker was counsel to leading computer companies for whom he helped establish practices for protecting graphical user interfaces under copyright law. He has also testified before the United States Congress on copyright infringement of computer programs and unfair foreign trade practices.