The Hecker Law Group is the litigation counsel of choice for many innovative and admired companies, including Fortune 1000 companies and startups. Those companies have turned to The Hecker Law Group
to defend them against accusations of infringement, as well as to enforce their intellectual property rights against infringers.
The firm represents plaintiff's and defendant's in all types of intellectual property disputes, including patents, trademarks, copyrights,
trade secrets, rights of privacy and publicity, unfair competition, plant variety protection, domain
name disputes, and internet related issues.
The firm has successfully litigated many high profile and complex patent and intellectual property cases. Our litigation team is experienced and highly skilled. We are focused, thorough, strategic and effective. Because we are an intellectual property firm, our legal instincts integrate with our specialized legal expertise and practical experience.
By communicating candidly and collaboratively with our clients in litigation, we are able to educate and empower them to make informed judgements, and to maximize their opportunity for litigation success while working to minimize risk and cost. The following are some representative cases handled by The Hecker Law Group:
- Represented Tower Semiconductor, Ltd. and Jazz Semiconductor, Inc. as patent defense counsel in a patent infringement lawsuit brought before the U.S. International Trade Commission by LSI Corporation and Agere Systems, Inc. against twentythree manufacturers and importers of integrated circuit devices. We achieved a ruling in favor of our clients. The ITC ruled that the accused patent was invalid, and that there was no ITC violation by Jazz or Tower.
- Represented TDK Semiconductor Corporation as plaintiff's counsel in patent infringement litigation involving
semiconductor circuitry against Silicon Laboratories resulting in a seventeen
million dollar cash settlement for TDK.
- Represented Novell, Inc. as defense counsel in a patent
infringement claim involving client-server computing software. The company's core network operating system products were accused of infringing. The case resulted in a
favorable ruling for the client, with a finding that the patent was invalid.
Represented Dole Foods as plaintiff's counsel in multiple
federal lawsuits involving piracy of vegetable varieties protected under the Plant
Variety Protection Act. The firm implemented sophisticated anti-counterfeiting
investigations and employed the first-ever use of direct DNA testing in a PVPA case, resulting in favorable conclusion of those actions.
Represented Automatic Data Processing (ADP) as defense
counsel in patent infringement litigation against The University of Nebraska, and resolved the case
favorably for the client following a successful jurisdictional battle.
Represented Netscape Communications as defense counsel in
its first patent infringement lawsuit. The case was filed in the U.S. District Court in Dade County, Florida. Our firm obtained a favorable settlement
for NetScape after filing counterclaims for RICO, patent invalidity
Represented Pixar as plaintiff's counsel
in trademark infringement litigation filed in the United States and France, resulting
in successfully enjoining the use of Pixar's trademark by the accused company.
- Represented Mark Burnett Productions and Mark Burnett
as defense counsel in an action brought for trademark
infringement. The firm obtained a dismissal of the action with prejudice
in favor of both clients.
- Represented The Venetian Resort Hotel Casino, and Las Vegas Sands, Inc. in multiple trademark infringement matters, oppositions, and domain name disputes.
Represented Silicon Systems, Inc. (SSI) as plaintiff's
counsel in multiple patent infringement actions involving semiconductor
circuits for disc drives. The firm secured favorable settlements for
TDK in each of those patent infringement actions.
- Represented Shell and Slate Software against Adobe in an action involving computer graphics software for photo-retouching. The parties reached a mutually agreeable, confidential settlement.
Represented the manufacturer of the Cabbage Patch Kids in
trademark, trade dress and copyright infringement litigation in federal district court
against multiple defendants. This collection of cases also involved
"grey market" claims. The cases resulted in various injunctions
and settlements favorable to the client.
Represented Computer Generated Solutions (CGS) as
plaintiff's counsel in software copyright infringement litigation in the United
States District Court in the Central District of California.
- Represented Control4 as counsel of record and in strategic advising in litigation involving home automation technology.
Represented Deutsch Engineered Connecting Devices as defense
counsel in patent infringement litigation involving electrical
connectors before the U.S. District Court in the Central District of
- Represented Network Video Technologies (NVT) in a declaratory judgment action involving transmission of audio and video over Ethernet cables seeking a ruling of patent invalidity and non-infringement. The case settled on favorable terms for NVT.
Represented Symantec as defense counsel in patent
infringement action involving disc drive partitioning technology in
the United States District Court in the District of Utah.
- Represented Mark Burnett Productions as defense counsel in a trademark infringement action brought by a musical group. The case settled on favorable terms.
- Represented RGB Systems, Inc. in a Declaratory Judgment action brought against Crestron involving design patent for desktop audio/video control panels. The firm obtained a favorable result for the client. The action was dismissed and settled on favorable terms.
- Represented Zeal Optics as defense counsel in a patent infringement action brought by Oakley involving bluetooth enabled eyeware. The firm obtained a favorable narrowing of patent claims by initiating patent reexamintion proceedings against Oakley's patents.
- Presently represent Ceiva as Plaintiff's counsel in an action for patent infringement against multiple defendant's involving network connected digital picture frames. To date, the firm has successfully obtained a favorable summary judgment ruling against the defendant's finding they infringe Ceiva's patent.
- Presently represent Extron Electronics against Valcom, Inc. in a Declaratory Judgment action for non-infringement and patent invalidity in the USDC, Central District of California.
- Presently represent IdeaExpress in a federal trademark infringement action involving a trademark for software.
- Presently represent Kim
Kardashian, et al in an action for violation of her right of
publicity and for unfair competition against Old Navy, Inc. and
Gap, Inc. Companies.